Saturday, January 24, 2009

Uncatchable Beauty

Ok, so I went hicking today and I knew I'd see some good views, but after being in Iraq for so long the view was overwelming. Everywhere I looked I saw the beauty of nature. What made it worse was that I knew that even though I took over 120 pics I couldn't capture the beauty of what I was seeing, I couldn't show you what I saw. Trying to do so was liking trying to capture the ocean in a mason jar, it can't be done. All I've acomplished is showing you a few small, scattered pieces of a beautiful tapistry. Nonetheless I hope you enjoy these pictures. With this one I mostly liked the way the pine trees looked when mixed in with the other trees
I've seen several professional pics where they're in a lush green forest on a small path and I've always wanted to take one just like it, but this doesn't even come close.

There was something about watching the grass blow in the wind that caught my attention and I wanted a picture of it. It turned out better than I expected, mostly because of the variying shades of green in here and the way it fits so well together.


What can I say, I like mountains. They're so noble, majestic, dignified, humble, simple and yet still beautiful.



Not much to say about this one, but something about it caught my attention.




Play "Where is Waldo" with this one, there's someone hidden in this picture.






You might recognize this as a close up of a location I have a picture of in one of my first blogs.





It's a grand view
















Look at how the branches reach up to the heavens.










Another failed attempt at the lush forrest path picture.





















More mountains :)




























Hope you enjoyed this feature presentation, please leave the theater in a calm orderly manor, taking any trash with you and have a good day, thank you. :D












3 comments:

islandminister said...

I was just roamin' around blogger and came across your blog. I just want to say thank you for serving! God bless!

Evan

6L's said...

hmmm, is it a huge snake or a deer on the left side in the dirt coming down?

Anonymous said...

More great pictures. We've definitely got some really good photographers in the family.